Monday, September 28, 2009

Attempt 1...oh how times have changed

Just a brief update on my progress so far. No actual recipe that I will be proud of has been produced yet, but I have found out a couple of things.

First of all, carob chips. Apparently in the 70's in rural Iowa carob chips were easy to come by and, knowing my grandma, cheap. Not so in 2009 in the bustling metropolis of Columbus, Ohio. It took going to 7 different stores until I found them (all be it when I did find them I had the difficult choice of selecting 'vegan' or 'unsweetened'....unsweetened won FYI) and they were $4.69 for a 12 ounce bag. Definitely not Grandma's style.

Secondly, 'healthy'. What healthy means now is not at all what the recipe I tried turned out to be. Sure it has carob chips and wheat germ, but I still feel like a little diabetic dumpster fire is raging throughout my circulatory system after eating 3 of them. Honey and peanut butter are still honey and peanut butter...delicious and natural, but too much is not good for you.

More updates when I get another bag of carob chips and tweak some more....check back later.

~J

No comments:

Post a Comment